Self Driving Track Days comes to OAMTC Teesdorf, Austria on Friday 28 July 2017 for a 1-day track-side event incorporating autonomous vehicle demonstrations and a full day workshop for anyone interested in learning more about driverless vehicles and related technologies. The event will lead attendees through the basic principles of building an autonomous vehicle; design and safety implications; plus a detailed overview of the sensor, processing and software technology suppliers in this rapidly growing sector.
“Excellent, inspirational” Sanyaade Adekoya, Pat-Eta Electronics Ltd
“The event provides an opportunity for learning, networking, research and development, and collaboration, with live demonstrations of vehicles on-track, guided by the experts who built them. Sense Media has run a series of well-received demo events in the UK, France and USA – this event at OAMTC will be the first demonstration of autonomous vehicles available in Austria for members of the public to sign up to.” Comments Robert Stead, Managing Director of Sense Media.
He continues “Wherever you are based, whatever autonomous technology you focus on, whatever your resources – Self Driving Track Days is on your side to educate and provide hands-on experience for those with an interest in autonomous vehicle technologies.”
Introductory and intermediate level workshop sessions
Attendees will gain an understanding of the technologies that enable autonomous driving in our technology showcase, with discussions around AI, Sensor Fusion, Open Standards, Functional Safety and more. The workshop has been developed in close coordination with experienced technologists from across the autonomous driving industry. 3-hour sessions will be delivered by specialists from TU Graz, Codeplay Software, AIMotive, Horiba Mira, with further contributions from AutonomouStuff, NovAtel, Quantum, and a joint demonstration from NXP and Intempora.
“A really useful and informative day. The sponsors were very helpful and thought provoking. Simply too much to take in on just one day and I thought of so much more to ask about while travelling home” James Hardy, University of Derby
Autonomous Vehicle Demonstrations
In addition to the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to ride in an autonomous vehicle demonstrating a range of sensors and communication technologies. This unique opportunity will give attendees a real insight into the operating principals and practical considerations of building autonomous vehicles.
Visitors and press are invited to see first-hand what the latest technology can do, how the vehicle interacts with other vehicles and environment, and talk to the engineers developing the full vehicle systems. In this intimate venue dedicated to hosting Self Driving Track Days, attendees have time to get up close and hands-on with the vehicles to learn about how they operate.
Live demonstration of ADAS sensors in a fully equipped test car, on the test track by TU Graz. The Series production BMW 640i has a full ADAS package, including:
- ADAS sensors:
- Continental ARS 308 combined short/long range radar in target and object mode
- Mobil Eye mono camera
- Cohda MK4 Car2X sensors
- Reference Measurement system:
- Genesys ADMA (Inertial Measurement Unit)
“Friendly atmosphere combined with leading technology and specialists.” Joseph Griggs, Brunel University
This full day including demonstrations and workshop is priced at only €99 for the Early Bird price until 7 July, €159 thereafter. BOOK HERE >
Top reasons to attend Self Driving Track Days
- Mini-exhibition – free to all attendees
- Full day of introductory to intermediate training workshops
- Ride in an autonomous vehicle, experience the technology in action, first hand
- Gain an understanding of the technologies that enable autonomous driving in our technology showcase, with discussions around AI, Sensor Fusion, Open Standards, Functional Safety and more
- See demonstrations of these technologies in action in the onsite exhibition
- Create your own customised agenda, choosing from our range of workshops for beginner to expert level
- Put your questions to the experts to expand your knowledge of autonomous vehicle engineering
- Meet engineers working in the sector who are keen to develop new relationships to progress driverless vehicle development
- Take advantage of extensive networking refreshment breaks to make new connections
Find out more at www.selfdrivingtrackdays.com and book your place for just €99 before 7 July